Febuary 23
Go to the docs house to play games and have a drink or two and hang out in the hot tub.
Play games
Have god knows how many shots
Get in hot tub
Break bottle in bathroom
Step on glass
Apply pressure
Go to bed
Yeah so the next day I wake up in soooo much pain. Jamie spends several hours talking me into being seen
Jamie: “Alex you need to go get seen.”
Me “I’m fine.”
Moments later…
Me “Oh fuck.” I am laying still with my foot up and I yell out in pain.
Jamie “See”
Me “No I’m fine really it just hurts a little”
This goes on for a few hours
Next I try the fine art of walking
Jamie “Your limping”
Me “No really I’m just working on my gangster walk”
Jamie lots of mean words I don’t remember followed by “Your going to look real cute with a plastic foot…Here meet my friend Alex she wouldn’t go to the doctor so they had to give her a plastic foot.”
This goes on for a couple of hours
I give up get seen. They clean it out….clean out the glass and tell me to come back because if there is still a piece stuck up higher I will need surgery. See it was fine? I say all doped up on vicodin and antibiotics
Feb 28
UPDATE: Glass in foot part 2
The foot hurts like hell so I go to the regular doc.
Doc “Does this hurt?”
Me ”Yes”
We do this for a variety of interesting tormenting amazing possibilities. What is she doing some sort of study?! So I’m in tears when she finally stops.
Doc “You really need to get the glass out because it could migrate into the joint and cause damage or other places. It’s important to not leave it in there.”
Off to ultrasound.
Nothing deep just a few pieces on the surface which Becker already told me about.
Radiologist “There really isn’t any good exam to see glass but it clearly shows there isn’t anything in there.”
Did he really just say that?!
So I’m halfway home and Doc called she wants me to consult with ortho.
Go to Jessica’s house eat bagel bites watch NASCAR until the appointed time.
Ortho “Well there’s nothing in it so I think you may have irritated the tendon since the lac was so deep. Even if there is glass it will encapsulate and eventually come out.”
Okay so Doc says it could really hurt me and ortho says it wont matter at all.
Whatever I’m going home and having a drink! This is stupid!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment